Post secondary institutions are important to the growth of our province. With Mount Royal University located right here in Calgary-Elbow, it’s important that the next government ensures the next generation of students affordable and accessible options for post-secondary education in Alberta.
You can read more about our plan at:
Some highlights of our plan include:
- An Alberta Party government will create 45,000 new spaces in post-secondary institutions by 2024. This includes universities, colleges and technical institutes.
- It is estimated by 2026, there will be a 15% increase in the number of Albertans graduating from high school. This growth would require an estimated 40,265 spaces.
- Consideration will be given to satellite campuses in underserved parts of the province, for example building a satellite campus in North East Calgary.
- New spaces will involve the establishment of learning centers available to adult learners, those who did not complete high school, or those who are upgrading.
- An Alberta Party government will retain the current cap on tuition at Alberta post-secondary institutions, providing certainty and affordability for families.
- An Alberta Party government will expand the STEP program so more young people can access employment opportunities and gain work experience.
- An Alberta Party Government will work with post-secondary institutions to make it easier for innovators to spin-off their discoveries into new companies.