I am so happy to be able to share the endoresment of my good friend Cheryll Nandee from The Alcove Addiction Recovery centre (located right here in Calgary-Elbow). Thank you for the kind words and continued support – it is always a pleasure to help bring some christmas cheer.
Jobs are one of the most important issues that I hear from residents on the doors. We need to create a climate where people want to invest and where employers have the confidence to hire.
This morning the Alberta Party released our Jobs First platform to attract investment and create jobs for Alberta families. You can click on the link to read the full details or you can take a look at some of the key points below.
- The Alberta general corporate tax rate will be reduced from 12% to 10%. This will restore Alberta’s place as the most competitive jurisdiction in Canada on corporate tax rates. The rate will be rolled out in 0.5% increments.
- The Alberta Small Business Deduction will be doubled from $500,000 to $1,000,000. All other aspects of the Small Business Deduction will remain the same, including the existing small business tax rate of 2%.
- The capital cost allowance in Alberta will be adjusted to 100% for all new investment. This will supercharge private investment.
- This package will have a short-term budget impact in the first year of approximately $400 million. The package will pay for itself by its third year and by full implementation in 2023 it will generate an estimated $1.5 billion in additional annual revenue.
Over the course of the campaign, our team will be sharing some of the local endorsements I have received from Calgary-Elbow residents. Over the past four years it has been a pleasure to support and work with a variety of business owners in the riding. Today’s endorsement comes from local business owner Lisa Maric.
Yesterday morning, Stephen Mandel and our Alberta Party team released “The Child First Plan“, which is one of the most ambitious plan for early learning and child care in Alberta. I’m proud to be part of a team with a forward-looking child care plan. Our plan builds in flexibility for parents and quality options for kids!
- Our Children First plan applies to all licensed child care spaces in the province. There are over 260,000 Albertan children and more than 100,000 Albertan families to whom our program would apply.
- Vouchers will provide a subsidy — on a sliding scale depending on family income — of up to 100 per cent of child-care costs.
- The voucher will “follow the child”, putting decision-making in the hands of families rather than the government.
- The voucher can be used at any licensed child care and will provide a subsidy of up to 100% of the costs of a child care cost.
- A new investment credit will be established to encourage employers to create licensed child care spaces for children of employees.
- Parents attending post-secondary education and those earning minimum wage will receive a 100% subsidy of their child care costs.
- A comprehensive review of Alberta’s child care legislation will be undertaken, with a view to making it easier to create more licensed, safe, affordable, high-quality child care spaces.
Today is the first day of spring. For most people it’s a hopeful time. But for those of us who lived through the flood it’s when our anxiety ramps up, knowing our city isn’t protected from flooding